Monday 14 October 2013

Week 23

Week 23
Lost = 1/2 lb
Total lost 57 1/2 lb's

A small loss despite weighing and counting everything I ate.  

I did notice my scales seemed a bit doo-lally today so maybe I need to get some more.  

I did drop to 1400 cals and wrote it all down so maybe it will take another week to start to register again.

I made some vegetable soups this week to freeze and use as the weather has turned colder and I do like soup.  This recipe on "Weightwatchers" is zero point item, without bread or croutons, obviously.
Croutons, this sort add 200 calories or count whatever yours equal
 Curried Butternut Squash Soup
  • 1 small Butternut squash
  • 1 Turnip about 1/2 lb
  • 2 onions
  • 3 large carrots
  • 2 stock cubes - veg or chicken
  • 1 dessertspoon Curry paste - your choice as to how hot. 
  • The idea is to give a hint of curry, to add warmth,  not overload it.

my brand choice 
  1. Peel and chop all the veg
  2. Put into a pot with 2 pints/1 litre of water
  3. Bring to boil, then lower heat and add curry paste and simmer till veg are cooked.
  4. Blitz with a stick blender or processor.  For safety wait till it is cold!!
Easy and quick to make, freezes well or will keep in the fridge for several days.  I don't add salt as the stock cubes seem to have enough but that is up to you.




Have a good week
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment